Wednesday, March 17, 2010

For Those Interested


I have decided to go back to school to finish my Associate's degree and continue on to get my Bachelor's degree. I am currently in my finals week of my first term in ten years, which has been…well, a few things. Interesting. Fun. Stressful. Eye-opening. Inspiring.
I've met some nice people, and I've met a few…characters. I've also met some stereotypes that I was none too pleased to be acquainted with. One in particular is in my English class. He's gay. Obviously and totally. Flaming. And he's just a kid! Now, I've met some gay people that I got along with pretty well. This kid has an attitude that he doesn't deserve to have. He's very annoying. Don't get me wrong, he's a smart kid and his contributions to our discussions in class are applicable and serious. However, his affectations out of class are worthy of eye-rolling and an "oh, please" whispered under your breath.
Ok, ok, I can hear some of you saying that he's still a child of God and he should be treated as such. Love the sinner, hate the sin, etc. I have no problem with that. I have a problem with his attitude that he deserves special attention because of his sexual preference. I would have a problem with anyone who had such an attitude, gay or not.
I don't know what his major is, but I really hope he isn't in any of my classes next quarter.

No comments: