Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Preparation

Last year I had already gone through so many changes in my life, given up some things, and surrendered even more, that I didn't feel that I was in a place to celebrate the Season of Lent.

This year I found myself being drawn to the thought of spending time with God...intentionally.  By this, I mean beyond my regular devotion time.  There's some stuff I've got to get through, and it's something that only God can break through.  So I'm doing it.

For me, I won't actually be taking anything out of my life - no sugar fast, or caffeine fast, or television, or books, or Facebook, or anything like that.  I will be adding to my life.  In the natural course of it, there will be some things I will have to let go of for a time to make room for what I am adding, but that's ok.  It will help me keep my focus.

Christ was in the desert for 40 days, without eating or drinking - simply praying and preparing.  This is my desert time, and this is part of my preparation.

3 comments:

Sparrow said...

Praying that it's a wonderfully sweet and productive time.

Teresa said...

I'm on the same path. Would love to go on this pilgrimage with you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for great fruit from this extended time with The Lord! blessings, j